Steph Catley Biography
Steph Catley Age
She was Born on 26 January 1994, Steph is 27 years of age now.
Stephanie is one of two children of parents Stephen Catley and Lesley Catley. Her father worked in online advertising and her mother worked as a customer service representative.
The Arsenal defender has an elder brother named Daniel Catley. Daniel now works as a designer at Earl. St Studio. She grew up with her parents and brother in Melbourne, Australia.
Catley faced a family tragedy back in 2018. She lost her father after a short battle with cancer in July 2018. She is much closer to her parents and brother as evinced through her Instagram posts.
Who Is Steph Catley Boyfriend?
- Steph Catley is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend named Dean Bouzanis.
- Dean, age 31, is a professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for the League Two side Sutton United. He has represented both Australia and Greece at the youth level.
- Stephanie and her boyfriend Dean have been together for more than four years. They first met while both were playing for Melbourne City in 2016.
- The couple even spent the lockdown in Melbourne together back in 2020. During that time, they trained together and discovered much more things about each other.
- Catley often shares pictures with her partner on her Instagram. Back in January 2021, she shared a post celebrating four years of togetherness with Bouzanis.
Her Career Journey
Catley began her senior career with her hometown team Melbourne Victory at the age of 15. In 2014, she signed with Portland Thorns in the United States National Women’s Soccer League.
During that time, she had loan spells at Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City. Moreover, she was traded to Orlando Pride in 2015. Afterward, she signed loan agreements with Melbourne City for the 2016–17 W-League and 2017–18 W-League seasons.
Before the 2018 NWSL season, Steph was traded to Reign FC and eventually moved to Melbourne City on loan. After two seasons, she signed with Arsenal for the 2020–21 FA WSL season.
Internationally, Catley has played for youth teams of Australia until she made her international senior debut in 2012. She was named vice-captain for the Matildas squad for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup held in France.
Some Interesting Facts About Steph Catley
- Steph was named PFA Women’s Player of the Year in 2020.
- A food lover, she cooks and eats Spaghetti Bolognese, a night before the game and eats the leftover cold pasta, plain on game day.
- In her spare time, she loves having a coffee with her family and friends.